Alexander Granite & Marble, Inc. began as Easley Granite & Marble by Beattie Alexander, Sid's father in 1955. His mission was to provide quality crafted monuments that preserve loved one's legacy. Sid began helping his father around the shop at an early age learning the craft. When Beattie passed away, Sid was determined to continue the quality of craftsmanship. Then in 1999 Sid's son Nic joined the family business. They decided to change the name of the business to Alexander Granite & Marble, Inc. to honor the family name. They have served the Carolinas for over 60 years.